QAFCO Jobs & Careers Recruitment 2020: QAFCO was founded in 1969 as a joint venture between the Government of Qatar and a number of foreign shareholders. The country’s first large-scale venture in the petrochemical sector, QAFCO was established with a view to diversify the economy and utilize the nation’s enormous gas reserve. After successfully implementing several expansion projects over the past three decades, the Company has evolved into a world-class fertiliser producer. QAFCO is now owned 75% by Industries Qatar (IQ) and 25% by Yara Netherland. With a sizable annual production capacity of 3.8 million MT of ammonia and 5.6 million MT of urea from, QAFCO is now the world’s largest single-site producer of ammonia & urea and thereby made Qatar the world’s fourth-largest urea producer. This enabled Qatar to be a key player in the global fertilizer market and the largest exporter of urea in the world with about 15% share of the world urea supply.
• Company/Organization: QAFCO (Qatar Fertiliser Company)
• Job Location: Qatar
• Nationality: Any
• Qualification: Bachelor Degree/Diploma/High School
• Salary: Not Disclosed
• Experience: Minimum 1 to 2 Years
Group Leader-Centre of Excellence
Reporting directly to the Supply Chain Manager, the primary purpose of this role and objective is to lead the Supply chain Center of Excellence team focused on developing and deploying best in class programs enabling Qafco Supply Chain transformation journey. The role will require strong collaboration within the Procurement, contracting and material management team, as well as develop and improve cross functional integration with all stakeholders.
• Sets strategic direction for Supply chain Center of Excellence (CoE). Plans out programs and executes implementation to realize best in class performance as a Supply chain function.
• Lead a collaborative team of supply chain experts and data analysis to conduct supply chain improvement studies that provide meaningful, data-driven insights
• Builds return-on-investment justification and aligns Supply chain and key stakeholder groups to CoE strategies and deployment plans.
• Lead the Supplier Relationship Management program deployment enabling Qafco to identify, cultivate, and develop suppliers that can become strategic partners.
• Drives and embeds strategic programs such as New Product Development engagement to bring value creation for Qafco through supplier collaboration and access to new technology / innovation for Materials, Services and Processes.
• Ensure tools, processes in place and training content is developed to enable Qafco strategic sourcing framework and embed Strategic Category Management.
• Leads development of the continuous improvement efforts, enhance the process , systems, controls and policies.
• Risk Management of the supply chain function and to ensure Compliance as per defined internal controls and policies
• Leads efforts in procurement and supply chain technology, ensuring best-in-class tools are leveraged. Build and deploy roadmap with Supply Chain IT.
• Drive adoption of best practices via collaboration and continuous improvement methodology, bringing external and internal benchmarks.
• Ensuring efficient and effective Procure-To-Pay processes/tools.
• Create a culture of continuous improvement
• Drive balanced scorecard for supply chain CoE and actively manage overall performance to achieve desired targets
• Continually liaise with other business functions to create value to our customers and break barriers between supply chain and the rest of the organization
Years Of Experience: 15
Process Safety Engineer
Role holder will assist Head of Safety and Loss Prevention Senior Engineer in implementing Process Safety Management System in the organization. The incumbent will be a key member of the Process Safety team and will interface with the appropriate operations and technical teams to support in conducting the Process Safety Risk studies for Projects and existing operations, facilitating Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) studies including but not limited to Hazard and Operability study (HAZOP), Safety Integrity Level (SIL), Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA), Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Major Hazard Analysis /Direct Hazard Analysis (MHA/DHA), Dispersion Studies and Safety Cases Studies. The role holder will comply with all relevant QAFCO Management System procedures in respect to Health, Quality, Safety and Environment
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering obtained through full time study.
• Certifications, such as NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety, Process Safety Management, Incident Investigations & Root Cause Analysis, Process Hazard Analysis are desirable.
• A minimum of 10 years proven successful experience in a similar position with extensive in Process Safety field within Fertilizer, Petrochemicals or Oil & Gas industry.
• Should have excellent supervisory skills.
• Should have knowledgeable about codes, standards and recommended practices for Process Safety Management
• Should have good engineering judgment; ability to recognize, assess, and mitigate hazards, Attention to detail, initiative, highly organized, good analytical skills, and practical use of engineering principles
• Should have good knowledge & ability to operate standard PC applications.
• Should have good English communication & Technical Report Writing Skills.
Systems Analyst – Operations Management (PIMS/LIMS/AMS)
This role is responsible for administration, maintenance, development, technical support of Honeywell based Production Information Management system (PIMS), Laboratory information Management system (LIMS) & Alarm management system (AMS). This role performs periodic review of security roles / groups and user accounts for mentioned systems. The role holder also performs relevant Database administration tasks. Role in this level analyze user requirements, document project and system specifications, plan and supervise programming activities and test developed system to ensure that they meet end-user requirements.
Lead Process Engineer
The role holder shall support the evaluation and assessment of capital projects and/or product diversifying opportunities that will enable the Company to achieve its long term vision.
Ensure that technical initiatives and projects are in line with strategic targets, goals and objectives.
Conduct techno-economic analyses and business case evaluations to support business decisions.
Ensure the optimum application of Company capital funds through evaluation and prioritization of all capital projects. This can be achieved by conducting timely compilation of the annual capital budget by working closely with all relevant divisions in QAFCO followed by prudent review and recommendation of capital funds for management approvals which will lead to maximized stakeholders, satisfaction.
• Experience in current/new Fertilizer/Petrochemicals Technologies and fertilizer/petrochemicals products diversifications.
• Must possess strong Business understanding, Engineering principles, Investment Analysis, Financial Economic Modeling, Presentation, communication and Negotiation skills.
•Understanding of marketing & global influences on product demand & pricing.
•Excellent in IT/ MS Office applications
•Very good knowledge on Plant Operational.