OQ Oman Jobs Careers. Orpic Careers & Jobs Recruitment in Oman 2020: Our strategic integration journey will form one of the Sultanate’s largest integrated energy companies. In line with the country’s forward-thinking strategy to nurture a more sustainable and diversified economy, OQ will position itself amongst global hydrocarbon players by capitalising on opportunities across the value chain, while simultaneously building an environment where talent thrives. Ensuring a seamless and robust transformation, an integration programme called Nakhla was launched in December 2018 to spearhead the formation of the company from nine core companies, namely Duqm Refinery and Petrochemical Industries Company; Oman Oil Company Exploration & Production; Oman Gas Company; Oman Oil Company; Oman Trading International; Orpic; OXEA; Salalah Liquefied Petroleum Gas; and Salalah Methanol Company. Today, we focus on facilitating local and international private participation in the oil and gas sectors to increase value for shareholders and reap greater benefits for the nation.
• Company/Organization: OQ
• Job Location: Oman
• Nationality: Any
• Qualification: Bachelor Degree/Diploma/High School
• Salary: Not Disclosed
• Experience: Minimum 1 to 2 Years
9 Executive Technical Assistance
|Provide high quality Technical assistance to the COO at Duqm Refinery’s COO Office acting as a gatekeeper of confidential information; through (1) Coordinating COO’s workload by assisting him with various tasks (2) providing professional and Technical support whenever required, and (3) developing a credible database of products and services of both accredited and non-accredited for COO office; in order to enable him to function in a highly professional manner and support efficiency of COO office.
Executive Assistant COO position will act in accordance with Duqm Refinery values & strategies, policies, guidelines, technology platform, HSE standards, Omani’s government & other legal justification’s, and best international practices in consonance with national objectives and Ethics standards.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
Sub Officer_D Fire Fighting
Support Situation Officer in planning, and executing the combating fires and helping evacuees to safety at DRPIC refineries sites, under Deputy Chief Fire Officer scope’s, acting as assistant of Emergency standards, procedures and coordinator with firefighter crew the firefighting & Rescue Services, through; (1) Provide logistic and technical support to the Fire Services’ team that will execute the firefighting services strategies, (2) Support staffing-related needs (firefighters) that should be deployed to particular types of fires, as well as how they should be managed at emergency sites, (3) Support upholding the fire crew’s relationship with the community, (4) to uphold a fire crew’s relationship with government entities at the local, state, and national levels to lobby for grants and relevant legislation changes, (5) Support in creating, implementing, and overseeing Fire department programs for firefighters and the public, life safety programs for firefighters, and administrative programs that benefit the department., and (6) Assist in the coordination the Emergency Services Delivery to accident scenes and emergency at Operational / non-operational sites including logistics planning, clerical support, fire equipment maintenance scheduling, and ensuring that the department is staffed to deliver the quickest response time to emergency sites and accident scenes; in order to ensure DRPIC is prepared to safely and effectively respond to emergency situations and minimize exposure to personnel, community, and environment and mitigate damage to DRPIC property and equipment
Education requirements: Minimum requirement a bachelor’s degree in Safety, Emergency Response, Fire engineer or equivalent
Language requirements ; Excellent knowledge of written, read, and spoken English (required) | Arabic – Native (desirable)
Backgraound & Experience:
- Relevant experience in similar role within the Oil and Gas industry preferable in Refinery, Petrochemical and Petroleum processes.
- Fundamentals of HSSE – Comprehensive knowledge of occupational health & safety. Detailed understanding of general industry standards and the requirements of the more frequently referenced standards
- Deep knowledge of basic health and safety concepts such as hazard and risk assessment, personal protective equipment, Root cause analysis, behavior-based safety, machine/ equipment safety, confined space entry among others.
- Knowledge of HSSE Management System
- Knowledge of NFPA and EN (European) standards for inspection and testing of fire protection systems.
- Knowledge of the area and the communities around Duqm and Al Wusta region is desirable
Competencies & Skills:
- Ability to prepare, update and draft policies, procedures and guidelines
- Establishes priorities and works with minimal direction.
Self-motivated and uses initiative and judgment to attain the best results
Duqm, Sr./Inspector Utilities
Provide detailed Inspection & recommendations for utilities facilities at Duqm refinery to minimize equipment failures under utilities Inspection scope’s; through (1) Carryout detailed Inspection & recommendations in the complex and technically maximized interval between intrusive inspections on turnaround (TA) equipment, and (2) Provide timely inspection reports and ensuring the highest standards are applied at all times as per procedures, specifications, applicable code & standard; in order to ensure that the highest standards are applied at all times as per project specifications, applicable code & standard and company policy.
The position will act in accordance with the Group’s Mission, Vision, Values & Strategies, as well as, policies, guidelines and international standards, supported by an IT Technology platform, HSE standards, Omani’s government & other legal justification’s, and best international practices in consonance with national objectives.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Identified defects and abnormalities of in-service and out of service inspection of equipment on assigned area to identify defects and abnormalities.
- Provides recommendations with analysis of equipment conditions and corrective/ preventive action.
- Carryout inspection as per Inspection Test Plan, QA/ QC plan for procurement of Capital plant equipment and issues clearance certificates and reports of equipment after inspection and testing.
- Identify areas of concern and propose dedicated inspection procedures to follow-up their resolution to improve refinery/petrochemical plants integrity.
- Monitor participates in non-destructive testing of plant equipment and piping, including review of preliminary interpretations carried out by subordinates.
- Carries out inspection services and testing of all static equipment of process plants and pipelines system that result in:
- Identified defects and abnormalities of in-service and out-of-service inspection in an assigned area.
- Quality and timely completion of Operations and maintenance day to day requirements.
- Updated equipment inspection data base for equipment in assigned areas.
- Quality of materials inspected.
- Witnessed Relief Valve calibration & testing works of quality jobs.
- Follow-up for inspection of repair and new fabrications in the assigned areas
- Monitoring of welding & NDT activities in the assigned area
- Updated list of routine and shut down works.
- Support in optimization of field inspections: reduced Thickness Measurement Location (TML’s), extended inspection intervals, etc.
- Review and ensure hand-over documents have appropriate details on material specifications and processes in line with contractual requirements.
- Monitor & follow up to capture any operational upset, corrosion related concerns and variations in critical process parameters.
Education requirements: Minimum Qualifications for this position is Technical Diploma in Engineering or similar.