Let’s explore here the latest DryDocks World Dubai Careers. Here we are sharing with you the latest Drydocks Jobs in Dubai, UAE. Apply Dubai Drydocks Jobs Careers from the below list which we have updated on our website. Drydocks World is one of the most prominent names in the maritime industry UAE.
Over the past 30 years, Drydocks World has established itself as a leading, and fast-growing international player in Offshore and Engineering, Ship Repair and Maintenance, Shipbuilding and Conversion, Rig building and refurbishment, FPSO/FSO conversion, offshore fabrication, Maritime Clusters and Yacht and Fleet operations. Over the past 33 years, Drydocks World-Dubai has become a leading provider of marine and offshore services to the shipping, oil, gas and energy sectors.
Drydocks World Dubai Jobs
The 10,000+ workforce and state-of-the-art facilities at Drydocks World on average complete over 340 projects/year, with a record of handling 42 refurbishment projects simultaneously. The yard is spread over 200 hectares, 4 drydocks with the largest dock capable of handling the world’s largest ship and over 3,700m of berth space.
Drydocks World Job Vacancy Details
• Company/Organization: DryDocks World
• Job Location: Dubai, U.A.E
• Nationality: Any
• Qualification: Bachelor Degree/Diploma/High School
• Salary: Not Disclosed
• Experience: Minimum 3 to 5 Years
List of Drydocks World Jobs 2021
Lead Engineer Offshore
Multi discipline design lead engineer for offshore oil & gas (fixed and floating) and renewable projects.
# Execution of multi discipline design (FEED and Detail Engineering) for EPC scope of work.
# Act as engineering manager in offshore EPC projects.
# Should have background in offshore structural engineering
# Prepare and review engineering studies, design drawings and documents.
# Prepare materials / equipment technical specifications.
# Prepare engineering execution plan for offshore projects.
# Plan multidiscipline engineering deliverables / activities.
# Support and assist with proposals, including EPC bidding.
# Integrate Contractor’s engineering team in detail design work.
# Define and manage the scope of work for engineering consultant companies.
# Experience with procurement process and integration of vendor information in design documents.
# Manage the design team, procurement engineer and coordinate with commercial estimator to work out optimized technical solution and cost.
# Define and manage the scope of work for EPC contractor engineering team
# Perform constructability review during design phase.
# Manage changes from clients /vendors and engineering company.
# Review contracts and define Scope of work.
# Master of Science Degree in related engineering discipline.
# Minimum of 15 Years’ Experience in offshore Industry.
# In-depth knowledge of offshore engineering design for fixed and floating structures.
# Strong background in offshore structural engineering
# In depth knowledge of applicable rules and regulations including technical safety requirements.
# Experience in engineering consultant companies to lead FEED and Detail Engineering
# Experience as engineering manager in offshore EPC contractors organizations.
# Experience in North Sea oil and gas offshore and wind farm projects.
# Experience in FPSO topside projects.
# Project management skills.
# Contract management skills.
# Excellent communication skills.
# Highly motivated team player.
Dock Master/Pilot (UAE National Only)
Day to day operation
Ensuring safety standards are met especially the safety of vessel traffic and all resources being used for the operation.
Piloting of vessels in and out of the dry docks Harbour water.
Piloting, Docking & Undocking of vessels from the yard main docks in a safe & effective manner.
Appraisal, planning, execution, monitoring and reporting of the marine manoeuvring in the yard.
In charge of tugs, mooring launches, mooring gangs and all involved During marine manoeuvres.
Pilotage of vessels as advised by the Harbour Master or Asst Harbour Master.
Maintain a high level of competency in ship handling.
Perform suitable bridge management duties in relation to statutory obligations during pilotage.
Provide guidance to ship’s masters for the safe navigation, mooring and unmooring of vessels into the Harb our.
Carry out heavy lift operation with floating crane.
Monitoring of weather / sea conditions to attend to, as and when required, incidents or emergency situations within the Harbour.
Ensure harbour water is maintained to high standard of cleanliness and pollution free by way of regular monitoring and remedial actions.
Establish and maintain effective working relationship with co-workers, supervisors and clients.
Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
Report incidents and carry out / co-operate in investigations.
Implements the day-to-day operations assigned to ensure compliance with the established standards and procedures.
· Master’s Degree in relevant field
· Master Marine Class – 1 (unlimited with valid STCW certificates and must have seagoing experience in a watch keeping navigational role.
· Experience in Marine, oil & gas and offshore industry.
Responsible for the management of all welding trade work at DDW including budget, schedule, productivity, quality, and safety activities. The Welding Manager ensures projects are appropriately staffed and supervised to meet timelines and customer requirements, and to ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Yard safety, quality, and environmental standards. The Welding Manager is also responsible to coordinate recruitment, assessments/testing and training with People Department in order to provide qualified Welders as required by the Projects and the other Discipline Managers.
Day to Day Operation
- Supervise the day-to-day operation of the department & ensure work process are implemented & policies are complied.
- Manages cost, schedule, productivity, quality and safety for all Welding Department operations by monitoring budgets, providing skilled and efficient resources, aligning workmanship with quality standards and ensuring compliance with DDW safety procedures.
- Allocates manpower to projects in accordance project schedules and priorities, ensuring workers have the required skill for assigned tasks.
- Monitors work progress with the Welding Supervisors to assess job status. Provides guidance, direction and corrective action where required to ensure Company and Customer expectations are met.
- Works in collaboration with the DDW Welding Engineer to develop efficient and affective welding procedures and processes that meet customer requirements.
- Leads process improvement and safety initiatives for the Welding Department.
- To support the delivery of better value and greater efficiency through the identification and elimination of unnecessary complexity within business processes and identification of better ways of working. Establishes and documents processes that support the productivity improvement.
- Provides input in new projects by actively participating in build & repair strategy development, project schedules and cost estimates.
- Improves department skill and productivity by liaising with Welding Supervisors to assess employee skill and performance. Initiates training as required.
- Manages the hiring, assessment/testing, training and deployment of qualified welders. Ensure department records including certifications and training records are properly maintained.
- Ensure all Welding Equipment and accessories are available as required and properly maintained. Establish “Equipment Utilization Monitoring System” including periodical reporting.
- Supports the Purchasing Department in procuring consumable materials for fabrication and welding processes by providing insight and assistance in material specifications and necessary demo/sample trial review.
- Maintains and develops QMS procedures and external certifications (ISO 3834-2, EN1090, ASME U/R/PP Stamp) for welding operations.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers by communicating scope of work, progress, material and workmanship.
- Broad technical acumen with strong analytical, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- Familiar with major International standards related to welding (AWS, ISO, ASME, API, CWA…). Broad knowledge on welding defects types and classification, acceptance criteria and root causes and preventive measures to avoid it.
- Detailed knowledge of welding procedures and fitting techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and successfully execute tasks in accordance with business objectives.
- Deep understanding of the welding technology needs of large segments of the business.
- Ability to encourage change management and support change management processes.
- Ability to read and interpret complex technical specifications and drawings.
- Welding related knowledge of Ship repair, Conversion and Offshore projects. •
- Knowledge of welding equipment (maintenance, usability, validation, calibration) as defined by International standards.
Degree in Welding or Metallurgical / Mechanical Engineering or any related discipline.
Certificate in Welding (IWE, IWT, IWS, CSWIP 3.1/3.2, IWI-C, AWS CWI).
Minimum 10 year experience in new building, oil & gas, renewables projects. In addition, conversion and ship-repair experience will be advantage.
How to Apply for Drydocks World Dubai Careers?
Please apply for Drydocks World jobs from the above list. Click on the above Job title related to your designation. You will redirect to the official Drydocks World Dubai Careers site.