Borouge Careers & Jobs 2020. Borouge is a leading provider of innovative, value creating plastics solutions. A joint venture between the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), one of the world’s major oil and gas companies, and Austria based Borealis, we are a leading provider of chemical and innovative plastics solutions. Borouge is a groundbreaking at the forefront of the next generation of plastics innovation. With headquarters in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Singapore, Borouge employs more than 3,000 people with over 50 nationalities, serving customers in more than 50 countries across the Middle East, Asia, Europe and Africa.
• Company/Organization: Borouge | Abu Dhabi Polymers Company Ltd
• Job Location: U.A.E, Singapore, China & Indonesia
• Nationality: Any
• Qualification: Bachelor Degree/Diploma/High School
• Salary: Not Disclosed
• Experience: Minimum 1 to 2 Years
Specialist, Governance – Abu Dhabi, UAE
This position is required to provide full support for all activities in the Corporate Governance (CG) function in Abu Dhabi, by acting as the key point of contact between the GC team in Singapore and the business in Abu Dhabi.
This position is also required to support the SVP of Corporate Governance on day-to-day activities, including but not limited to developing presentations and materials, and following up on required actions.
- Act as the point of contact for the Compliance team in Singapore, and assist in the management of Compliance-related activities in Abu Dhabi (e.g. Non-completers of mandatory eLearning modules, Internal Controls Framework (ICF) Follow-Up Actions Chasers, G&E and COI Declaration responses, etc.)
Corporate Governance & International Subsidiaries
- Provide support to the Principal Specialist, International Subsidiary Governance in Singapore, including maintaining and archiving all records relating to the set-up and management of MEA&A subsidiaries;
- Manage and support the International Tax Team in Singapore in liaising common guidelines for tax-related activities by MEA&A subsidiaries, reviewing the business model, and assessing current set-up of MEA&A subsidiaries to ensure tax-beneficial terms and requirements as needed;
- Support the monitoring of overall activities of MEA&A subsidiaries to ensure proper governance, and escalate any compliance issues to SVP Corporate Governance as required;
- Manage and support Legal team in any pending legal cases for MEA&A subsidiaries, such as documentation and completion of court documents or follow-up with external law firms as needed;
- Assist in the translation of documents from Arabic to English as required; and
- Work constructively with the Legal and International Tax team to support and manage the Board set up in new MEA&A subsidiaries; facilitate implementing Board resolutions with respect to MEA&A subsidiaries, and maintaining accurate organization chart of MEA&A subsidiaries.
- Act as the custodian of all relevant documentation and paperwork relating to internal Committees (e.g. mandates, membership lists, agenda and meeting minutes, etc.);
- Review membership requirements and nominations for committees before seeking approval from SVP Corporate Governance;
- Identify a point of contact for each committee, and update committees and membership lists as required;
- Track and monitor status of action items arising from the meetings with the assigned owner, and escalate any delays to committee chair as required; and
- Provide assistance and support in the conduction and preparation of the annual Compliance reviews for all committees in scope.
SVP Corporate Governance Support
- Provide support to SVP, Corporate Governance on day-to-day activities as required, including but not limited to arranging travel for SVP, managing an active calendar of appointments/meetings, completing financial expense reports, composing and preparing correspondence, creating of presentations as required, etc.;
- Support the conduct of seminars, workshops, and trainings, as organized by the Governance team and Talent team; and
- Follow-up on all activities as required, including but not limited to: monitoring Audit actions/findings, procurement process for corporate governance projects, recruitment, induction of new employees (IT access, equipment & stationary) etc.
- Bachelor / Master degree is required, from an accredited and reputable educational institution.
- Minimum 7 years of work experience in a large, multinational MNC in areas relating to Compliance or Governance preferably in an oil & gas or petrochemical industry
- Ability to speak, write and communicate effectively in English and Arabic are required as it requires accurate translation of legal and business documents
- Hands on experience working with senior management is required
- Very good initiative and team player.
- Proficiency in SAP, MS-Office with expert knowledge in Excel & PowerPoint is required
2. Passport-size photograph
Senior / Specialist, Credit Operation (Contract Role Till Jul 2021) | Singapore
Reporting to Manager, Credit Operation, Asia Pacific, you are responsible in supporting Borouge’s PTE strategic credit control and collection framework, providing effective credit risk management and driving credit performance. Credit operation includes credit control and overdue collection.
- Implement and maintain global credit operation framework (procedure and methodology)
- Support strategy to balance credit operation and business opportunity and growth for the region
- Business partnering with sales, marketing, customer service and other functions
- Seek continual improvements in competency of credit operation and industry knowledge
- Maintain high efficiency in credit control and collection
- Support renewal of credit insurance program
- Participate in the cross function credit risk management project team to implement credit risk management across the company
- Act as a focal point of credit analysis team, regional sales and customer service teams to ensure efficient credit operation for sales execution
- Review customers’ incoming orders to insure the integrity of accounts receivable
- Timely response to credit release request
- Escalate to relevant stakeholder to resolve credit block
- Ensure credit release is according to Credit Procedure and DOA
- Train and engage stakeholder for compliance of Credit Procedure
- Engage regional sales and customer service teams with credit control and collection issues through Regional Credit Watch Committee
- Promote continuous improvement of system, credit procedure and internal control
- Coordinate the bank relationship in support of optimal trade finance services
- Proactively engage in timely and accurate collection of accounts receivable to achieve Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) and Days overdue outstanding (DOO) and other performance based metrics
- Ensure the accuracy of monthly accounts receivable
- Review payment performance and follow up of overdue amount with sales, customer service and customer directly
- Monitor and follow up on daily assessment of customer overdue
- Update and provide comments on weekly overdue action plan
- Negotiate repayment schedule
- Manage overdue notification/claim with credit insurance companies
- Keep management informed of any significant delinquency
- Initiate legal litigation/arbitration (supported by legal department)
- Provide A/R cash forecast to Treasury and Accounting teams
- Work directly with external lawyer (supported by legal department), bank and bankruptcy administration committee to collect Borouge PTE overdue receivables
- Support regional sales, customer service, and accounting teams, across Borouge PTE to ensure timely and efficient cash collection/posting and problem resolution
- Work in partnership with other region Credit teams to exchange information, best practices, standardize and harmonize procedure
- University degree in Credit Risk Management/ Finance/ Accounting/ Economics/ Business or related discipline
Minimum Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Can be fresh university graduate or credit control and collection experience not more than 2 years
- Experience from the chemicals/petrochemicals industry is preferred but not a requirement
- Fluency in English is required and knowledge of other languages would be an advantage
- Good skills in Excel and PowerPoint slides
- Knowledge of SAP would be an advantage
2. Passport-size photograph