ARA Petroleum Oman Careers & Jobs. Let’s explore here the latest ARA Petroleum Oman job vacancy through our jobs portal. ARA Petroleum is a dynamic member of the E&P industry in Oman. The company seeks to explore, appraise and develop oil & gas resources in Oman and internationally. The company is managed by a globally experienced, professional and committed team with a track record earned over decades.
ARA Petroleum Jobs – Apply Now
ARA Petroleum will utilize the latest technologies to ensure the hydrocarbon assets are operated optimally and the recovery of oil & gas is maximized. Domestically, ARA Petroleum is committed to developing young Omani talent under the supervision of internationally trained mentors. As a part of The Zubair Corporation, ARA Petroleum will collaborate with other group companies in initiatives to maximize the In-Country-Value of its operations in Oman.
ARA Petroleum Job Details
• Company Name: ARA Petroleum
• Job Location: Oman
• Nationality: Multiple
• Qualification: Degree/Diploma/High School
• Salary: Not Disclosed
• Experience: Minimum 1 to 2 Years
Updated list ARA Petroleum Career
Interprets 2D and 3D seismic data incorporated with all wells data to achieve optimum resources evaluation. Plans, supervises, conducts and coordinates the collection, analysis and evaluation of geophysical data for field/well and reservoir studies in order to generate appropriate field development plans. The incumbent will provide geophysical support for QAMP oil fields. Conduct reservoir characterization and management studies and participate in interdisciplinary reservoir study teams. Mentors and coaches less experienced Omani staff.
- Participates in design and planning of seismic acquisition and formulate and oversee seismic processing flow stream.
- Conducts studies and masters geophysical techniques and methods to achieve industry standard- seismic interpretations with highest accuracy and reliability.
- Performs well seismic calibration, time to depth conversion, and the geophysical database.
- Progress and results are communicated to management/team/asset/on a regular basis and concluded with final reports and closeout.
- Improve the quality of geophysical data provided to the asset teams for evaluation, in order to reduce risk with regard to well site selection and field appraisal/development (if any).
- Conducts reservoir and field mapping for input into geological models.
- Application of geophysical technology and interpretation practices for field exploitation, development, and opportunity appraisal.
- Applies advanced interpretation techniques to provide improved reservoir characterization, leading to technical recommendations made to management.
- Supports geologists and engineers in multi-disciplinary teams towards the formulation of development plans and well plans.
- Plans and supervises the acquisition, analysis/interpretation of geophysical, geological and petrophysical data to determine presence, quality and type of hydrocarbons, fluid contacts, rock matrix constituents and properties from wells and seismic for updating geological models, well planning and for integrated reservoir/field development studies.
- Responsible for detailed seismic interpretation and mapping of carbonate and clastic reservoir architecture and hydrocarbon distribution for input to 3D geological models. Include generation of concepts for reservoir environment of deposition and reservoir connectivity.
- Conducts studies in seismic attribute analysis, AVO, seismic inversion, rock physics and seismic facies analysis.
- Performs detailed geo-hazard analysis for well planning and contributes to well proposals and prognosis.
- Builds velocity models and capable of carrying out different techniques in time-depth conversion.
- Contributes to well planning for an upcoming development drilling program
- Develops geophysical standards and workflows.
- Reviews and evaluate the results of geophysical studies by third parties.
- Reviews and participate in evaluating Stock Tank Oil Initially in Place (STOIIP) and updates geological models periodically as a result of ongoing drilling, production depletion and test data analysis. Incorporate findings into Annual Review of Reserves and updates review as necessary.
- Manages the geophysical data of the fields according to company standards.
- QA/QC geological data and maintain geophysical databases including real time data links.
- Annual Budget Planning: Participate and contribute to annual budget process.
- Provides coaching/mentoring to young Omani staff.
- 12-15+ years of experience in the Oil and Gas industry, with at least 10 years’ experience conducting geophysical studies/operations and a minimum of a BSc in Geophysics or Geology is required (MSc and PhD preferred).
- Experience in seismic interpretation and fault mapping of carbonate and clastic reservoirs.
- At least 5-10 years’ experience in 2D and 3D seismic interpretation, depth conversion, reservoir characterization with preferred middle east oil/gas experience.
- Ability to operate geophysical industry software packages for seismic interpretation
- Have good knowledge of economic aspects of a project.
- Good knowledge of stratigraphy/structural geologic principles.
- Experience with seismic and VSP acquisition and processing.
- Must have experience/knowledge of Petrel and/or current computer software for geophysical applications.
- Must have strong teamwork skills, and it would be an advantage to have experience working in a multicultural and environment.
- Experience working in integrated asset team environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, less experienced staff, field staff, contractors and management.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with a strong desire to deliver superior results.
- Ability to mentor junior scientists
- OpenWorks / R5000: Skill
- Petrel Seismic Interpretation(Skill)
- Deterministic and probabilistic uncertainty management in Petrel, @Risk, Crystal Ball: Knowledge
- 2D and 3D seismic interpretation in Petrel: Knowledge
- Geoprobe (Knowledge)
Other Job Details
Competences and training requirements
- Seismic Interpretation (Skill)
- Carbonate or clastic reservoir characterisation (Skill)
- Operations geology (Knowledge)
- Well Planning (Skill)
- Geohazard Analysis (Skill)
- Time to Depth Conversion (Skill)
- Structural geology (Knowledge)
- Coaching (Skill)
- Communication (Skill)
More ARA Petroleum Jobs
How to Apply for ARA Petroleum Oman Careers?
Please apply ARA Petroleum job vacancy from the above-list. Click on the above Job title related to your designation. You will redirect to the official career website of the employer.
Apply for more jobs 👇
- PDO Oman Jobs 2021 | Petroleum Development Oman Careers
- ARA Petroleum Oman Careers 2021 | Oil and Gas Jobs
- Chevron Corporation Careers 2021 | USA-Philippines-Australia-UK-Malaysia
- OXY Oil and Gas Jobs 2021 | Qatar-USA-Oman-Canada | Occidental Petroleum Careers
- Al Dhafra Petroleum Careers | Al Dhafra Petroleum Jobs Abu Dhabi 2021